Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Research Grants – Short-Term Grants • DAAD
Who can apply?
Doctoral candidates who are doing their entire doctorate at a German university are not eligible to apply.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- One month to a maximum of six months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 861.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
Central selection criteria are:
- a convincing and well-planned research or training project
- academic achievements
Furthermore, additional documents submitted that prove the applicant's professional aptitude or provide information about extracurricular commitment will also be included in the evaluation.
For further information on the selection procedure, please refer to the Important Scholarship Information / Section E.